For many of us bibliophiles, getting physical books isn’t always easy. Other times, we’re just in the mood for something different. I introduce to you *drumroll* WATTPAD! Wattpad is essentially an app/website where people post their own original stories.
SO, I’ve been reading on Wattpad since the dawn of time. Just kidding. I actually started reading on Wattpad when Quizilla went extinct, and all the all-star authors of Quizilla migrated to Wattpad. Basically, I kinda consider myself a Wattpad expert. A connoisseur is you will.
I know Wattpad gets a lot of hate for its cringeworthy One Direction fan fiction and horrible writing, but don’t let that distract you from the hidden gems.
Here are some really, really great books on Wattpad that I recommend:
- All books written by Jordan Lynde aka xXSkater2Girl16Xx. This girl is so freaking talented at writing. Every book she churns out is a masterpiece. Her books are my go-to whenever I’m in the mood for something heartwarming and fluffy. My personal favorite is Inject Me Sweetly, but I would recommend all of them.
- In 27 Days by Explode. Imagine if you had the chance to stop someone from committing suicide. Hadley Jamison is given the chance to stop her classmate, Archer Morales, from ending his life. The only catch is that she has twenty-seven days to do it. (Click on book cover for link)
- Rock Prodigy by jules130. After Rose’s parents died, she was discovered as a classical piano prodigy. After her agent dies, her new plan is to put her past away and become a normal high schooler. When she discovers a band in need of a guitarist, she questions whether she can truly run away from love and her love of music.
- Cupid’s Granddaughter by GermanSam. I absolutely love Greek mythology. This book weaves our beloved myths and characters into a contemporary setting. Peyton, Cupid’ granddaughter, is ready to take over the family match-making service. She just has to pass her last test–finding the soul mate of a fallen angel.
- Addicted to Meth by EnglishToffee17. Like a contemporary novel, but cuter…and with a twist. That’s all I have to say.
- A Touch of Grace by istolethecookiez. I normally hate contemporaries because I can never find a good one. This book is the exception. Fair warning, I first read this book freshman year of high school, so my opinion may be skewed.
- Animal Instinct by hepburnettes. Move over Twilight because it’s time for some werewolf action. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- A and D by fallenbabybubu. Remember in middle school when Taylor Swift’s You Belong with Me was your jam? This book is the retelling of that entire song in a story form. Nerd girl and jock boy are best friends. What happens next?
- Unmasking Obsidian Light by thelilmermaid248. Who doesn’t love superheroes?
- The Pledge of Daughters by Hope Adon. This book is so good. It’s incredibly complex and sophisticated for a Wattpad book. It truly deserves to be published.
These books are incredibly amazing and are usually my go-to when I’m in a reading slump. Definitely give them a try! 💕