If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I always complain about not knowing my Hogwarts house. It’s incredibly frustrating. Anyway, here are five reasons why it sucks being house-less. 😢
- It’s such serious FOMO. Everyone can band together in their respective houses. They sport their house colors and put it in their Twitter bios. What am I suppose to put in my bio? A black heart?? 🖤 I honestly feel like I’m missing out on a crucial HP experience. Which HP character would I have lived with? What color socks am I supposed to buy? I just want to be a part of something (I mean beyond the HP fandom). I can’t even relate to those “Struggles of Hufflepuff” or “15 Things Only a Slytherin Would Understand” posts. I just want to find my community. 😢
- Your non-Potterhead friends don’t care for your struggle. Your Potterhead friends are too happy cheering for their respective Quidditch team to notice your loneliness. SO…you try to air your grievances to your regular friends, but they’re just unsympathetic overall. They don’t understand the importance of this issue. MUGGLES…Am I right? Even then, the muggles are able to band together and have a home.
- The Pottermore Quiz IS NOT HELPFUL. 😤 I am not a fan of the Pottermore quiz. #srrynotsrry. Why should the fate of my Harry Potter life be decided by the question: Heads or Tails and Left or Right? They’re so arbitrary.To prove my point, I took 3 Pottermore quizzes in the span of an hour and got 3 different houses. If I got a question I answered previously, I kept the same answer, but there were some new ones I didn’t get on a prior quiz. Still, it just shows how random and inaccurate the quiz can be.
- You can’t even tell the Sorting Hat which house you want…because you don’t even know. Like in the case of Harry, the Sorting Hat also takes into consideration which house you want to be in. However, when you’re lost AF like me, that doesn’t help your problem at all. The Sorting Hat is probably just wondering how I could handle the responsibility of being a wizard when I can’t even decide a house.
- You’re left with such an identity crisis. I swear there’s no greater identity crisis than not knowing your Hogwarts house (exaggerating..kinda). Am I curious and creative or loyal and trusting? Am I ambitious and cunning or courageous and brave? I literally could be in any! I’m wearing Gryffindor snowman socks today, and I feel like a phony. 😶
SOOOO…Which Harry Potter house are you in? ⚡ Are you like me and are Team #Houseless? Do you have a recommendation for better quiz than Pottermore? I think I’ll reread the books at some point to see if any house speaks to me.