Yes, I know Valentine’s Day is over…but it’s still February. 🙈💕 Today, I’m doing the Anti-Valentine’s Book Tag which was created by BubblyBooks. Thank you so much to Aimee from AimeeAlways for tagging me! 😘
1. What’s one romance book that would actually be better without the romance?
Now, I’m not saying that this book is good…but the attempt at romance really did not help. I felt that it was very messy and not well developed. The entire plot could have been better crafted if more attention was paid to developing the story-line and character development rather than the romance.
2. Name a love triangle where you don’t want to “pick a team.”
I was actually Team Peeta when I first read the series. However, after I watched the movies, I became Team Gale. I felt that on-screen Katniss and Gale had so much more chemistry, but I remember I really loved Peeta and Katniss’s relationship in the books. Team #Kale? 🌿 Team #Confused!
3. Name a love triangle where the main character ended up with the love interest you don’t like.
4. What book featured awesome friendships?
The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. 🗡️ The PJO has shaped my childhood in so many ways, and I love rereading these books because it’s like being reunited with old friends. 😀
5. What book featured awesome family dynamics?
The Blackthorn family from The Dark Artifices series. 💯🙌 Julian and his siblings are part of what makes this series so amazing. Pick up the first two books before Queen of Air and Darkness is out this December!
6. Name a toxic romantic couple from a book.
This❗book 💢 UGH 😡 This book gets on my nerves because it simply sends the message that cheating is okay. Anna and Etienne’s relationship is built on emotional cheating and hypocrisy. Throughout the entire book, I just couldn’t find myself supporting it, and I was frustrated the entire time.
7. Name a love interest your mother wouldn’t approve of.
ADRIAN IVASHKOV 😍 from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. One of my favorite characters from one of my favorite series. Please ignore the ugly cover though. Adrian is the typical bad boy with good heart trope, and I just love how supportive he is to Sydney! #SydrianFTW
8. Is there a book you DNFed because of the romance?
I haven’t DNFed a book in a long time, so I have no real answer for this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9. Name an action-packed book without romance.
Yes, there is romance in this book, but truthfully, it’s very minimal. The majority of this book centers around the action–six misfits must perform the ultimate heist. DUN DUN DUN!
10. Name a book with kick-butt world-building that wasn’t overpowered by romance.
This is such an easy-way-out type of answer, but Harry Potter FTW! ⚡ There’s romance when you want it, but it doesn’t define the entire series. It’s just the icing on top of a magical cupcake 🌟🎂
Since Valentine’s is over, I won’t be tagging anyone specifically. However, if you’re interested in doing the tag, please do~
(if you couldn’t tell, this is one of my favorite gifs)