As we grow older, it becomes increasingly difficult to find time for recreational reading. 📚 Since our days are limited to 24 hours, it’s important to find those moments where you can squeeze in just a couple of minutes. My latest solution has been…audiobooks!
Here are my top 5 reasons why I love audiobooks:
1. It’s super efficient.
It’s incredibly easy to just slip on my headphones and listen to a few minutes of my audiobook while I’m walking to class, sitting on the toilet, or eating lunch. During lunch, I normally eat while scrolling through Instagram/FB/Twitter. With an audiobook, I can still do the same thing! Audiobooks keep playing when you’re even on other apps (unlike *cough cough* Youtube)
2. It’s like a movie but better.
The Harry Potter movies are around 2 hours. The audiobook is 8!! You get to spend more time in the magical worlds with all our character friends.
3. It takes minimal effort.
Sometimes we want to read, but we’re too lazy to actually do it! It takes eye effort and lots of time. With an audiobook, you can sit around like a lazy bum but experience a story.
4. You are not limited by the physical book.
UNLIMITED SITTING POSITIONS!! and you can also eat without fear of getting crumbs on the pages. Want to read in the car, but you normally get car sick? Audiobooks!
5. More Accurate Depiction
When we read a book, all of its content is reimagined by our mind’s interpretation. Names can get mispronounced. Important events may be glossed over. When you listen to an audiobook, however, you get the most accurate depiction of the story. You listen to the different character voices which enhances your image of the events.
- The audiobook is only as good as it’s narrator. 🔊 If you don’t like the narrator, you probably won’t like the audiobook.
- If you’re super tired, you’ll fall asleep. 😴 It won’t matter how good the audiobook is…if you’re sleep deprived, your body will go into hibernation mode. This same rule applies to regular books.
- Borrow vs. Buy. 💵 Audiobooks are expensive, and I completely understand. I don’t buy any of my audiobooks. Instead, I borrow them from my library’s digital catalog. It’s downloaded to my phone, so I can listen to it throughout my day!