Can you believe that 2018 is over?! Happy New Years, friends. 😊🎉 One year of blogging has flown by, and I honestly can’t be more grateful for the number of books I’ve read, posts I’ve written, and friends I’ve made. I can’t wait to see what 2019 brings. (Also, fun fact: this is my 100th post!!)
TIFFANY’S LIFE 🌺
December started off pretty stressful because it was final exam season. I was basically spending all my free time studying either in my room or at the library. Luckily, your girl studied hard and ended the year with all A’s. 🌟 After exams ended, I flew back home to Los Angeles and got to spend the holiday break with my family.
One of my favorite days this month was when I met up with two of my best friends, Alexandra from Twirling Pages and Rebecca. We spent the day in Koreatown and basically did a food tour of the city and had a mini-photoshoot in Downtown LA. Between all the delicious food readily available at home and all the stress eating during finals, I definitely need to start a regular exercise regime in 2019. 🙈
BOOKS I READ 📚
I’m extremely proud to announce that I read 20 books this month, ending the year with 102 total! This was far more than I anticipated reading at all this year, and I ended up finishing the challenge by reading 11 books during finals and 9 books during my holiday break. Thank goodness I still did well on finals being this distracted. 😂I’ve decided to use this as my fun fact whenever I’m required to introduce myself during icebreakers. “Hi, everyone. I’m Tiffany, and my fun fact is that I read 102 books last year.” 💞😬 Hopefully, this will be a perfect way for me to fangirl over my favorite reads and convince everyone else to pick them up. Generally, I really enjoyed all the books I’ve read. 8 books were rereads and 6 were audiobooks. I’ve set 50 books as my Goodreads challenge for 2019 so we’ll see how it goes!
Blog Posts & Updates ✨
The best thing about being on holiday break is that I have a lot of free time where I can work on improving my blog. ✏ I made an Edelweiss+ account and fixed up my Netgalley account which I hadn’t touched in months, and I also added a few new pages to my blog and created a blog button!
This month, I also participated in #Project14Lists! #Project14Lists is a project Shealea from That Bookshelf Bitch started, with a goal to write and post a bookish list every day from December 18th to December 31st. Participating bloggers are tasked to come up with creative list ideas, and on each day until December 31st, write a list and post it on their respective blogs.
I ended up writing 8 blog posts for the challenge, and it was such a great experience. If Shealea decides to host this again next year, I would definitely recommend joining.
Awards & Book Tags
Favorites & Recommendations
- Favorite Contemporary Books This Year (2018 Edition)
- 10 Taiwanese Food You Have to Try
- Most Highly Anticipated Asian Fantasy Releases for 2019
- Most Highly Anticipated Contemporary Releases for 2019
Top Ten Tuesday
I’m still debating whether or not I want to change my theme to something more widescreen, and I’ve also been considering making my featured images for each post one where it includes the title. I would also like to reformat my monthly wrap-up, but we’ll see how it goes. 🙈
Favorite Posts Around the Book Blogging Community 💞
- CW from The Quiet Pond is an incredibly talented artist, and she’s blessed us all with the greatest holiday present ever. Two words: Christmas Corgis.
- Shealea from That Bookshelf Bitch continues to be a champion for diverse reads and consolidated a list of Asian debut authors for 2019.
- Fadwa from Word Wonders turned 22, and she graces us with some amazing words of wisdom with 22 things she’s learned over the past year.
- May from Forever and Everly wrote a post detailing some amazing WordPress tips and tricks a while back, but it’s just as helpful and relevant today!
- Rain from Book Dragonism consolidated amazing gift ideas for your favorite book lovers.
How was December for you? What are your 2019 resolutions? Let me know in the comments! 💕