Is it just me or did January feel like the longest month ever?? 😱 I can’t believe it’s only been one month into the year because it feels like I’ve been back at school for months and the holidays were forever ago. I’ve also been playing around with how I format my monthly wrap-ups so please give me all the feedback, and let me know whether you like the changes (or even notice them 👀).
TIFFANY’S LIFE 🌺
January marks the end of the holiday season which also means going back to school. I started the new semester, and it feels so strange to have different classes with professors I’m not used to having. Exams will start to pick up soon so I also need to begin my studying regime. ✏ Hopefully, I’ll be able to balance all my academics and extracurriculars with reading and blogging. My goal is to post twice a week, but I might bring it down to once a week during heavy exam seasons.
I also didn’t take that many photos this month (boo!! sad), so please enjoy these latergram photos. The mural photo was during my Downtown LA trip in December, and the ice cream photo was from the summer. 😬 I thought it was fitting because what’s a Read By Tiffany monthly wrap-up without some type of dessert, and it’s a delicious milk tea ice cream with fruity pebbles, green tea pocky, and a goldfish in a charcoal cone.
BOOKS I READ 📚
My Goodreads goal this year is to read 50 books, and I finished 7 this month. I’m honestly bouncing around with enjoy because I read so many amazing books that I love with all my heart. 💖 I started January off with a buddy read of Warcross by Marie Lu with A from Avid Reader Diary which I enjoyed so much more than I thought I would. It had such amazing characters, and it captivated me as much as her Legend series. I also finally!! read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and I was left so SHOOK. It definitely lives up to its hype, and it’s already one of my favorite books this year.
I had the incredible chance to read ARCs of You Asked For Perfect and Descendant of the Crane this month, marking 3/21 books finished for #YARC2019. 😭💘 You Asked For Perfect was beautifully written with a relatable plotline and characters who were easy to love. Descendant of the Crane was majestic beyond words though I wished some parts had more development. I also finally finished my reread of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus, and now, I’m considering starting the other series in the Rick Riordanverse.
Blog Posts & Updates ✏
I’m still indecisive™ as always about whether or not to change the layout of my blog and its theme to something more widescreen, but for now, I think I’ll be focusing more on consistently producing content, especially since school has started. I’ve really been enjoying the blog posts I’ve written this month so hopefully, I can continue on this smooth trend. 😊
In other exciting news, I received book mail!! 💌 I was incredibly lucky to receive an ARC of The Kingdom of Copper which I am excited beyond words to read. My mom was also super excited for me, and she’s actually the photographer because the book was shipped to my home address instead of my university address. I’m trying to post more consistently on Instagram too (probably once a week) instead of my previous every other blue moon. 😅
Finally, I’m deciding to add a goals section to hold myself accountable and encourage healthy habits but also to push myself to grow as a blogger. ✅ My goals for this month are:
- read 5 books (including 2 ARCs)
- post twice a week on the blog & once a week on Instagram
- drink 3 bottles of water every day
- do homework on time
- attend my professors’ office hours every week
- walk to school once a week
Favorite Posts In The Blogosphere 💞
- Olivia from Purely Olivia debates slow burn romances vs insta-love and debates which makes for a better love story
- Ilsa from A Whisper of Ink wrote an extremely comprehensive guide on how to get and receive ARCs
- Malanie from Malanie Loves Fiction discusses her top five reasons for why she loves reading
- Shealea from Shut Up, Shealea (RIP That Bookshelf Bitch) went self-hosted which means it’s time to shower her with words of encouragement
- Clo from Book Dragons detailed why she schedules like it’s going out of fashion
- Tiffany from String of Pages (AKA my twin) gave 5 tips for traveling which is perfect for all you travel bugs
- Kat from Novels and Waffles and I collaborated to create Breakfast at Tiffany’s where I gave contemporary recommendations for 2019
- CW from The Quiet Pond had bloggers guest post and share their experiences balancing blogging and life and guess who wrote a piece (hint: it’s me!!)