Happy April, friends!! It’s time for another ~monthly wrap-up~. 🌸 This month honestly flew by because it feels like I wrote my March wrap-up just last week. The school year is practically over, and now, it’s almost the start of summer vacation!
TIFFANY’S LIFE 🌺
This sounds crazy for me to type, but I only have one more week left of school before summer break!! (Also, I realize my college ends really early, but it’s because we also start our school year very early.)I’m currently in the hustle and bustle of final exams, but after Saturday, my junior year of college will be officially over. 😱 I’ll be flying back home to Los Angeles to spend some time with family and friends before I start my summer internship. It almost feels unreal to me because I can’t wait have more free time to read and blog, but I also need to power through my last few exams. ✏
There were so many wonderful things happening this month including a banquet for my business fraternity (ft. pictures with my big and little!) and so many spontaneous ice cream trips. 🍦 I’m starting to feel a little sentimental because many of the upperclassmen that I look up to are graduating this year, but I’m also extremely excited to start my internship and almost start adulting?? One thing I’m extremely looking forward to next month in May is that I’m attending Maurene Goo’s LA launch party for Somewhere Only We Know with my favorite, Alexandra from Twirling Pages. 👯
BOOKS I READ 📚
I only read 5 books this month which is the least amount I’ve read in a month all year. I started to hit a reading slump in the middle of the month where I just couldn’t bring myself to read anything and audiobooks weren’t working either. 😭 I managed to get past it when I picked up If I’m Being Honest which as many of you know…I am obsessed with and it was such a fantastic read that I spend through it in two days. But now that I’ve finished it, I’m having some trouble again getting through the other books I was originally planning on reading.
I also mentioned that I started using Scribd last month, and…it’s not exactly the best. 🎧 I like that there’s more access to audiobooks than solely what’s offered at my library, but the 5 book limitation is honestly pretty annoying, especially when you’re just trying to listen to an audiobook for a few minutes to test out whether or not you like the narrator because those are also counted in the limited amount you have access to each month. If anyone has any other suggestions for audiobooks, please let a girl know!
Blog Posts & Updates ✏
I don’t feel like I’ve written that much this month, but I was pretty excited to participate in another blog tour!! I partnered with Penguin Teen to be a tour stop on the If I’m Being Honest blog tour where I wrote a review and created a rainbow mood board. 🌈 These are honestly some of my favorite posts to make so hopefully we’ll see more in the future! Next month, I plan to do a lot more with rebranding and potentially going self hosted?? Keep your eyes open for more news on that!!
I received a finished copy of If I’m Being Honest for the blog tour in the middle of the month, and I also filled a reaction video for my unboxing. 💌 I also received a super nice surprise package of Serious Moonlight that my mom unboxed back home! I haven’t been the most active on Instagram lately, mainly because I don’t have many books with me at college, and I typically prefer to purchase eBooks over physical copies. 🤷♀️
Whelp…I was basically pretty horrible this month with all my goals but #noragrets (okay…maybe some regrets) This just means we only have room for improvement!! Positive thinking, everyone.
- read 6 books (including 2 ARCs) ❌Due to my reading shlump, I ended up reading only 5 books this month with 1 of them being an ARC.
- write a discussion post ❌ Ahahaha…you see my posts in this wrap-up…none of them were discussed based…
- get my netgalley ratio above 50% ❌ OH-KAY I actually managed to get my Netgalley ratio to 53% actually because I submitted 2 reviews this month. However, I also ended up getting approved for 2 more books so now we’re back to where we originally started.
- walk to school once a week ❌ I did end up walking to school once this month, but April showers are a real thing!! The rain was too crazy and a little too spontaneous for me to walk to school.
- do something adventurous ✅I don’t think everyone will consider this as something adventurous, but I made a spontaneous decision to change my flight home so that I would arrive earlier to attend the Maurene Goo launch party.
This Month’s Goals:
- create a monthly financial budget
- rebrand my blog and go self-hosted
- get my netgalley ratio above 50%
- do something (actually) adventurous
- try something completely new
Favorite Posts In The Blogosphere 💞
- Charvi from Not Just Fiction wrote her review for The Princess and the Fangirl which we buddy read together last month!
- Marie from Drizzle and Hurricane books recommended 15 young adult books for this Spring.
- Olivia from Purely Olivia finally read Six of Crows and shared all her thoughts on this extremely hyped book!
- Justine from Bookish Wisps teaches us how to make DIY Spray Painted Book Edges.
- Shruti from This is Lit and Nandini Unputdownable Books collabed to create a comprehensive social media guide for book bloggers.
- May from Forever and Everly AKA the queen of pretty things wrote a blog design guide on how to make your blog look pretty! I know this is something I’ll be referring to when I plan about rebranding.
- Julianna from Paper Blots put together a fantastic post about her favorite feelings and moments from book blogging!
- Isla from A Whisper of Ink posed a very thought provoking question on whether we genuinely enjoyed the content we’re consuming and creating.