Happy Happy July, friends!! Can you believe we’re officially halfway through the year? It’s kinda crazy how fast time flies because I’ve officially been blogging for a year and a half now. 💖 Stay tuned until the end of this post for an international giveaway in honor of hitting 2,000 followers on Twitter!
TIFFANY’S LIFE 🌺
I started my summer internship in June so this entire month has been filled with work work work (like the song by Rihanna). My job involves a lot of client travel so I’ve been flying around from Orlando to Dallas back to the home office. ✈️ It’s been pretty fun so far, and I feel like I’ve been learning a lot and my team makes the work days much more enjoyable. One of my favorite parts about summer break is that there’s no homework or stress about exams. I’ve been able to spend a lot of time with friends, and I’m trying to explore the city which I normally am not able to do during the school year.
I also decided to start a baking hobby this summer which you might be able to tell if you follow me on Twitter. I’ve been making banana bread, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and apple crumble. In other words, I’m trying to channel my inner Lara Jean. If you have any easy baking recipes, please share them with me! I’d love to try them. 🍪🍰 It’s been such a great way for me to relax and spend time with others, but the only downside is that I’m left with tons of pastries that I can’t eat by myself. Luckily, my friends are willing to be my test bunnies and try them for me. 😂
BOOKS I READ 📚
This month has been a pretty great reading month! I completed my Goodreads Reading challenge by finishing 52 out of my 50 book goal. 🥳🎉 I also surpassed my Year of the Asian Reading Challenge, or #YARC2019, goal of 21 to 30 books by reading 28 books. I’m hoping to finish 50+ books written by Asian authors by the end of the year to reach the level of Bengali Tiger.
Overall, I’m super happy with the books that I finished this month with the exception of one. Rereading To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before made me so incredibly nostalgic and super prepared for the movie sequel (even though I’m not the biggest fan of Noah Centineo). I just think that this trilogy was wrapped up so perfectly, and it left me all up in my ~feels~. 🥰❤️ Spin the Dawn was also such a fantastic read, and I loved participating in the blog tour where I got to create a few aesthetic mood boards. I’m already excited for the second book!
BLOG POSTS & UPDATES ✏
I’m honestly so in love with all the posts that I wrote this month because they were so much fun to create from the mood boards to the food recommendations to the reviews. I feel like I’m starting to get into the rhythm of blogging again which I love and am so happy about!
As I was writing this monthly wrap-up, I took a look at my bookstagram account and realized that I only took 1 photo this entire month. 😱 And I actually accidentally featured the photo in my May wrap-up instead of this one, so #whoops for the double post.
I ended up posting a new photo yesterday so prepare for the return of my pastel pink photos~ I was lucky enough to receive some exciting book mail recently so I’m planning on taking more photos to feature them.
FAVORITE POSTS AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE 💞
I didn’t get a chance to blog hop as much as I would’ve liked so I’m hoping to explore more bloggers and be more involved in the community in the upcoming months!
- Lily from Sprinkles of Dreams returned from her blogging hiatus, and I am SO EXCITED that she’s back!!
- Vicky from Vicky Who Reads wrote a very insightful post on problematic books.
- Marie from Drizzle and Hurricane Books shared 20 YA books to make you travel this summer. It’s the perfect list to spark your wanderlust.
- Taasia from Librae Paints Pages listed 15+ teenage bookish influencers that you should be following.
- Two of my favorite bloggers, Kal from Reader Voracious and Kat from Novels & Waffles went self-hosted, and their blogs look gorgeous.
- CW from The Quiet Pond went on an actual food crawl in honor of the Hungry Hearts Food Crawl.
- Caitlin from Caitlin Althea gave some Queer SFF book recommendations.
- May from Forever and Everly is hosting the Third Annual 2019 Book Blogger Awards. Be sure to nominate your favorite bloggers!
INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY 🎁
And now for the main event! 💞 I’m super thankful to have reached 2K followers on Twitter this weekend so I wanted to showcase my appreciation through an international giveaway.
- Must be 18+, or have parent’s consent.
- International Giveaway as long as Book Depository or Amazon ships to your country.
- Must be following my blog, Read By Tiffany.
- Comment below which book you would like to win.
- Winner must respond within 48 hours, or else I will pick another winner.
- Giveaway ends on 11:59 PM PST on July 25th, 2019.